There are many well known locations around Asheville, NC and the surrounding mountains that are beautiful for family photo shoots. From Max Patch to Mt. Mitchell, it’s all gorgeous! As a local Asheville photographer, I know a plethora of beautiful spots, but for me, the key is to find a gorgeous place that not everyone else knows about.
This is where Warren Wilson College photography comes into the conversation. There are many wonderful reasons why Warren Wilson College is currently at the top of my list as a location for couples photos or family photos–
– It’s quiet- even when students are in session, the campus isn’t busy since the student body is small.
– It’s beautiful- The campus has a mix of architecture, open green space, gardens, fields, trails, and more. I love the little nooks and crannies that boast lots of greenery!
– It’s surrounded by mountains- As soon as we step to the edge of campus, we have mountain views. There are a few spots for photos with mountain views, however since this college has an agriculture department, sometimes cattle are in those areas.
– It’s close to Asheville- It’s less than a 15 minute drive from downtown Asheville to Warren Wilson College. This is a huge advantage compared to the 45 minute to 90 minute drive it takes to get to more popular locations like Max Patch and Black Balsam Knob. Stay close and you’ll love the results!
– It’s vehicle accessible- We can park near all of my favorite spots, so no hiking is required. This is perfect for little ones or grandparents who aren’t so steady on their feet.
Take a look through the beautiful photos below and see why Warren Wilson College photography is one of my favorite new places for family photos and couples photos in Asheville!